How do I manage or cancel my subscription?
What is the refund and cancellation policy?
I don’t have Facebook. Can I still join the community?
I still haven’t gotten access to the Facebook group! What do I do?
WHAT DOES THE PHYSICAL RATING MEAN?
- Hiking experience // None necessary.
- Pace // Slow.
- Distance/Description // <5km/day (3 miles) on well-defined trails, with slight noticeable elevation change, and perhaps slightly uneven terrain.
- Footwear // Light hiking shoes or sneakers.
- Hiking experience // Previous/regular hiking experience. Good physical condition.
- Pace // Steady.
- Distance/Description // Hikes may be a day hike with less <15km, with a significant elevation change (>300 m), and more rugged terrain. We’ll cover varying distances and terrain on generally established trails.
- Footwear // Hiking boots or light hiking shoes are appropriate.
- Hiking experience // Prior hiking experience and good physical condition is required.
- Pace //Fast pace on short trails or steady pace on longer trails.
- Distance/Description // Hikes may be >15 km (10 miles), with consistent and steep elevation change and rugged terrain. Terrain will vary and include some off-trail, rough spots and potentially unexpected obstacles.
- Footwear // Hiking boots are required.
WHAT ARE THE PHOTOGRAPHY LEVELS?
At OFFBEAT we are known for our adaptability, and for making our events suitable for anyone who owns a camera. Our events are workshops, not tours, and we are fully dedicated to helping you in the field. Having said that, some events are so jam-packed that they allow for less time for the very basics, like how to operate a camera, dig through owner’s manuals and discuss concepts like the exposure triangle. So the ratings below mostly come down to how “busy” the schedule is, and how much time we expect to have to cover the very basics.
In any case, we recommend you get acquainted with your gear prior to any event, as you will get so much more out of the event itself. It’s also a good idea to familiarize yourself with features and concepts like the histogram, the exposure triangle, aperture priority, live view and autoexposure compensation. If time is a rarity for you, no worries, we will do our best to cover the basics in any of our workshops!
Suitable for anyone with a camera. Perhaps you want to get more creative control and want to get away from shooting on auto. Perhaps you just got a new camera. Perhaps you are getting back into photography after a years-long hiatus.
Ideally, the participant should have a basic understanding of the exposure triangle and know how to operate the following features on his/her camera: auto-exposure compensation, aperture-priority, live view and histogram. There will only be limited time to help you navigate around your camera and make sense of those features.
Participants should have a good understanding of the exposure triangle and know how to operate the following features on his/her camera: auto-exposure compensation, aperture-priority, histogram, bracketing, and live view. There probably won’t be much time to help you navigate around your camera and make sense of those features.
WHAT ARE THE PIONEER SERIES?
OFFBEAT wants to take your feet and photos off-the-beaten-track. For our Pioneer Series of photography workshops, we actively seek out destinations that see little traffic and that have been underdocumented from a photography standpoint. Let’s get adventurous, people!
WHAT DO I BRING ON WORKSHOPS?
Gear requirements will change from workshop to workshop, depending on the destination and whether or not the workshop includes any classroom sessions. The standard gear list includes:
- suitable and comfortable clothing, which you can layer
- warm, waterproof jacket and pants
- warm hat, globe and footwear
- your own camera equipment (preferably DSLR, which allows manual control of shutter speed, aperture and ISO settings and a range of lenses, if you have them)
- a sturdy tripod
- accessories (extra batteries, cleaning supplies, intervalometer/remote release, filters, battery grip, camera manual, chargers)
- knee pads for low shots on rough terrainnotepad and pen
- notepad and penspare camera body
- spare camera bodyfoot and hand warmers
- foot and hand warmers
WHAT IS THE CANCELLATION AND INSURANCE POLICY?
CANCELLATION: Workshop registrations are non-refundable but are transferrable. Workshop participants are responsible for finding another individual to take over their seat in the workshop.
Although extremely unlikely, OFFBEAT Photography Inc. reserves the right to cancel workshops at any time without prior notice. In the very unlikely event of a cancellation, all paid participants would be refunded however no compensation will be made for flight, accommodations, and other cancellation fees, which are the responsibility of the participant.
INSURANCE: It is not only advised but required that workshop participants have trip cancellation/interruption insurance, as well as emergency medical/illness insurance and rescue coverage (proof required within 4 months of departure).
Weather and other unforeseen factors can cause delays in travel, particularly from some of our more remote locations. It is the participant’s responsibility to cover any costs in the case of a travel delay of any length. Please ensure your trip cancellation/interruption insurance accommodates this possibility.
By purchasing a spot you are acknowledging that you accept these conditions.
HOW DO I MANAGE OR CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION?
Need to make changes to your payment method or view your upcoming payments? Simply log in to your OFFBEAT account here using the email and password you provided when you registered.
If you need to upgrade your subscription from Monthly to Annual or cancel your subscription, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT IS THE REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY?
Subscriptions are non-refundable. All OFFBEAT subscriptions are auto-renewing, but may be cancelled at any time. Once paid for a given period (monthly or annual), the subscription cancellation will apply to the next billing cycle.
I DON’T HAVE FACEBOOK. CAN I STILL JOIN THE COMMUNITY?
Yes, you can! But in order to take advantage of all of our community benefits, we recommend you start a highly private Facebook account for the sole purpose of interacting with our Facebook Group. Here’s how to do that.
I STILL HAVEN’T GOTTEN ACCESS TO THE FACEBOOK GROUP. WHAT DO I DO?
Please send us an email at email@example.com with your Facebook email and we will look after you!
Feature image by Dave Brosha.